Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship LOLLYDAY CHILDCARE AND EDUCATION SERVICES LTD
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2022
07 May 2020
Level 3 (A level)
- Use your knowledge, common sense and initiative always to secure the health and safety of the children and of any other children with whom you come into visual or aural contact
- To support the head of your room to plan and thereafter organize resources, direct and inspire the activities of the children assigned to you to promote their learning with maximum effectiveness in a secure and stimulating environment
- Ensure that the children and their parent/career are greeted on arrival, that all instructions are properly recorded and heeded, and that all foodstuffs or other materials are properly stored, cared for, and administered
- Observe, assess and record their progress and development and report to the child key worker or head of the room, Store and display their work
- Ensure that each child in your care is properly prepared for collection by their parent
- Ensure that parents have the highest regard for the standards provided by the nursery in all respects
- Contribute to the targets defined by the setting in its curriculum model so that guarantees to parents and children can be met
- Work under the direction of the Setting Co-Ordinator and the Room Leader to ensure the smooth running of the nursery
- Participate in a system of monitoring for each child so that progress can readily be assessed, and action taken as appropriate
- Participate in any research projects into which the setting may enter or initiate to improve knowledge and understanding of early years education
- Operate within established communications machinery with parents to give them confidence that the Setting guarantees, and expectations of parents are being met by the setting
- Work always to secure the health, safety and welfare of staff, children and visitors including bodily fluid and maintain records to demonstrate compliance with appropriate procedures
- To ensure that all equipment is safe to be used by children and to supervise children always such that no child is ever placed in a situation where they can harm themselves or others
- Undertake performance review procedures as determined by the Setting Co-Ordinator
- To ensure always that no person, adult or child, having any connection with the setting, is disadvantaged in any way by his or her personal characteristics
- Duties included food preparation: preparing breakfast, snack and light meals, serving lunch, teatime and/or dinner
- Cleaning: you will be required to clean the dining room, washing up and cleaning the nursery room and toilet at the end of shift or as required
- Supervised school pick up and drop off: from time to time you will be asked to escort children by walking them to and from school at different schools’ location
Requirements and prospects
- Interest in childcare
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferable but not essential.
- Further training
- Progression within the company
- Potential of full-time employment and a wage increase based on performance
Things to consider
Please be aware that the start date is subject to change due to the current pandemic.
Please contact Care First Training for more information or assistance.
Once you have progressed your application with us, we will notify you of any updates from the employer with potential changes.
About the employer
The Lollyday Childcare and Education Services Ltd company has been operating offering its services for at least three years, having started in 2015. Started with Registered No. 09444266, Lollyday Childcare and Education Services is categorised as a Private Limited Company located in 17 Napa Close, Stratford E20 1EF.
The firm's principal business activity number is 85600 which means Educational support services. Lollyday Childcare and Education Services Limited filed its account information for the period up to 2017-02-28. The business latest annual confirmation statement was released on 2018-02-17.
In order to meet the requirements of its clients, the following firm is consistently directed by a body of two directors who are Oluremisola A. and Abisoye A. Their constant collaboration has been of crucial use to this specific firm for one year. Furthermore, the director's responsibilities are constantly supported by a secretary - Odunayo A. who was appointed by this specific firm in February 2017.
LOLLYDAY CHILDCARE AND EDUCATION SERVICES LTD
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 01277725972 email@example.com
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.