L2 Adult care worker Apprentice Homecare (Mellor)
Working as part of a team providing high quality and compassionate care to individuals. Monitoring an individual's conditions for example checking blood pressure, temperature and weight, checking overall progress, comfort and wellbeing
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
£180.18 to £347.49
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
16 Mar 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Eating and drinking, washing and dressing and help residents go to the toilet
- Prepare individuals for healthcare activities carried out by other members of the healthcare team
- Carry out non clinical duties, keeping records, making beds, tidying up your work area, returning all cleaning equipment after each clinical activity
- Address straight forward problems in your day to day work, reporting concerns and changes to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- You will report to a registered healthcare practitioner
- Communicate effectively with individuals and their families, carers and healthcare practitioners using a range of techniques, keeping information confidential
Handle information (record, report and store information) related to individuals in line with local and national policies
Requirements and prospects
- Treat people with dignity, respecting individuals diversity, beliefs, culture, values, needs, privacy and preferences, show respect and empathy for those you work with.
- Have the courage to challenge areas of concern and work to best practice.
- Adaptable and reliable, consistent and show discretion, resilience and self awareness
- Communicate and understand both residents and work colleagues and families and not disclosing any individuals information in connection to confidentiality
- Promote physical health and wellbeing of indivduals
- Support individuals with activities of daily living
- Recognise deteriorations in health, long term conditions, physiological measurements, skin integrity and report appropriately
- Be aware of Dementia, cognitive issues and mental health
Driving licence is essential
- Happy and fun
- Compassionate and able to show empathy where needed
- Take appropriate action in response to incidents or emergencies following guidelines
GCSE in maths and English A-C 9-4 or equivalent would be of benefit, but not essential
Full time job role should you be the successful candidate
Things to consider
You do need a driving licence or own transport and it is delivering care within the community.
About the employer
We’ve been providing quality services in your area since 1990 and are proud of our wide ranging knowledge and specialist expertise. Our safe and effective care at home services support individuals to live as independently as possible.
- Excellence as Standard
We're fully regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Our services are audited and evaluated against the Health and Social care Act. As an approved member of the United Kingdom Home Care Association (UKHCA) we comply with their Code of Practice.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dawn Hodge Associates Ltd
Jules Westbrook email@example.com
Adult Care Worker Level 2
- Care Certificate
- Diploma in Health and Social Care
DH Associates will be delivering your qualification to you at the workplace (work based learning). A trainer will visit you on site every month and will be delivering your L2 adult care worker along with functional skills. You will be certificated at the end of the apprenticeship programme.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.