Apprentice ICT Technician Winstanley College
Estio Training has an exciting new vacancy for an Apprentice ICT Technician based with Winstanley College in Wigan.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
08 Dec 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are looking to appoint a key member of the IT team by appointing a technician with the energy and skills to maintain our 750 PCs.
The person appointed will work closely with the Network Manager, IT Systems Technician and other relevant staff. The confidence to communicate and co-operate with all members of staff in a user-friendly way is more important than any specific knowledge.
Requirements and prospects
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- IT related Level 2 qualification
- Experience of using Microsoft Windows desktop technologies
- Experience in an IT related/similar role
- Experience in education/public sector organisations
- Willingness to undertake CPD including health and safety training
- Disclosure and Barring Service check - Enhanced Disclosure
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with young people
- Flexibility and a readiness to undertake a wide range of tasks
- Display initiative, be positive and enthusiastic
- Potential to work under pressure
- Effective team player
- Organised and efficient administrative skills
Ability to learn how to prioritise, organise and coordinate workload
5 GCSE’s at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Things to consider
About the employer
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
Level 3 Diploma in Professional
Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
PLTS and ERR
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
MCTS on Windows 7
MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
MCITP on Windows Server 2008
MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Scarlett Uttley 01133500333 Scarlett.Uttley@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017