Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Oasis Community Learning
Working within a school environment, you will enhance your teaching skills through practical experience. We are looking for apprentices to work in both the primary and early years phases of the academy.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
14 Feb 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Our teaching assistant apprenticeship programme will teach many different skills, which will allow you to work within schools to support classroom delivery.
Some of the key responsibilities and accountabilities are likely to include:
- Supervising class activities, in both primary and early years classes
- Assisting with young people’s learning experience
- Helping students who might need extra support
- Learning classroom-based skills and behaviour techniques
- Planning sessions and think about learning objectives
- Working alongside the teacher to support classroom activities
Requirements and prospects
- Hard working
- Good time keeping
- Work as part of a team
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- A confident communicator
- Professionally presented
- Punctual and reliable
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths, grades A*-C (9-4 or Functional Skills Level 2
- Full time employment
Things to consider
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities:
- Let Me Play, LMP Education and Sporting Education are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults
- To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers
About the employer
Oasis Academy Lord’s Hill opened in 2008 as part of the initial Academy programme. Since we have been open, we have seen significant improvements in achievement, progress and attendance. Academic achievement has markedly improved for all students regardless of their needs or starting positions.
In fact, analysis of our data by prior attainment (low, middle and high) shows that we outperform most schools nationally. We have also seen a huge improvement in student attendance. This is a good indicator, because if students want to be at school they attend regularly.
We have a brand-new building which offers our students outstanding learning opportunities. We are very fortunate to have these facilities and we are committed to making the most of them both for our students and the wider community.
The Academy is sponsored by Oasis Community Learning, which is a separate charity, but is part of the Oasis global family. Oasis, a Christian organisation, was founded by Steve Chalke M.B.E. in 1985, and began its work in the UK but now delivers educational, healthcare and housing projects throughout the world.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Oliver Turner firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities Management level 2 framework.
- Functional skills as required
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking Skills
This training programme focuses on developing your knowledge around facilities management.
The qualification aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Delivering facilities services around the workplace
- Understanding health and safety in the workplace
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Managing workplace projects
- Introduction to managing and maintaining property and assets
- Understanding utility services and energy efficiency in the workplace
- Understanding procurement and supplier management in the workplace
All candidates take part in an initial intense training programme at the start of the selection process. During this period our experienced staff will prepare candidates for their placements by giving them the foundations that they will need for securing a placement.
Our Employability team will also be on hand to support with interview skills ready for a placement interview.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.