Apprenticeship Nursery Assistant Kirby Muxloe Day Nursery
To work as a member of the nursery team to provide high quality care and education for children up to the age of 5 years.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
02 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist with the planning, preparation and implementation of a programme of activities to meet the developmental needs of the children in our care.
- To observe each child’s progress, recognise the differences between individual children and adapt practice accordingly.
- To supervise children closely at all times and to work to the highest standards of cleanliness at all times.
- To be alert to the signs of any possible safeguarding issues, and be aware of the nursery’s responsibility in this regard.
- To be proactive about informing parents/guardians about their child’s progress and about the activities they have taken part in during the day.
- To undertake a shared responsibility for ensuring that the nursery environment is safe and secure.
- To be a flexible and reliable team player and undertake any duties required by the Nursery Manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team work
- Passionate for a career in childcare
- Willingness to learn
GCSE (or equivalent) A to C grades in Maths and English preferred but not essential.
About the employer
Kirby Muxloe Day Nursery
The Childcare Company provides online training in childcare, playwork, supporting teaching and learning, and business administration.
Our online teaching and learning platform, the Laser, provides all your learning materials, and e-portfolio and also acts as a communication system between you and your assessor. The Laser is user-friendly, easy to navigate and has won awards for its innovation. It means learners no longer need to take time out to go to college but can get an even better learning experience by combining the best of online learning with workplace experience.
The Laser provides learning resources in the forms of filmed tutorials, PowerPoint presentations, multi-media challenges, activities, good practice example videos and reading.
You will be assigned to an assessor for the duration of your course. Your assessor will guide you, set your work, mark all your work and help you with anything you need. At the end of your training you will achieve a diploma in Early Years that is a recognised qualification in the childcare sector.
As part of your training you will cover Employee Rights and Responsibilities, Technical Certificate, and Functional Skills in Maths, English, and ICT. You will gain a Children and Young People's Workforce qualification at Level 2 or 3.
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Sarah Harden 01753 313460 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017