Customer Service/Optical Assistant Apprentice Selbie Opticians
This is an exciting and varied position. You will work within a close optical team in dealing with patients/clients in busy independent opticians. This post will suit a personable, keen and pleasant person
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 33.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
30 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The administration post will include all optical assistant duties.
- Communicate with customers in a polite, friendly and helpful manner
- Offer assistance and advise to customers on the products
- Deal with customer orders and ensure order information is recorded accurately
- Book appointments face to face and over the telephone
- Answer the telephone in a polite and professional manner
- Maintain and keep the filing system in order
- Use IT to communicate to customers
- Update customer records accurately
- Accurately calculate orders, collect payments and issue customers with receipts.
- Input customer information accurately on the system
- Keep areas tidy at all times to ensure a professional image is demonstrated.
- Involvement in marketing activities – updating shop window displays and table displays
- Ensuring new stock is displayed professionally
- Assist Selbie optician’s progress to paperless from paper records.
- Work with present software supplier to set up ordering.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal and written skills are essential
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Should be able to use IT
- Problem Solving
- Using initiative
- Good knowledge of social media
- Must have a good grounding in Maths
- Good organisational skills.
- Well presented at all times
- Must be reliable
- Should be fully committed to develop and improve their skills
- Friendly and pleasant
- Happy to work within a close team (usually between 2 and 5 people)
- Likes to smile a lot and have a good sense of humour.
- Mature attitude is essential
- Desirable: 1 year’s work experience or has been undertaking Customer Service/IT/Business qualifications at college or school
- Knowledge of and use of social media ie twitter, Facebook etc
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Team worker
- Must be approachable and be able to use own initiative
- Knowledge of customer service skills
- Must have good IT skills
- Must have Maths GCSE grade D or above or equivalent
- Must have English GCSE grade D or above or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ - Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service Evidence gathered and assessed in the workplace. Candidates who are employed can start this qualification anytime throughout the year.
- The delivered classes will cover the following: Understand customer service, impact of poor customer service, how legal and ethical requirements relate to customer service, how to deliver effective customer service, management of customer service information, understand their role within the business; develop knowledge and skills that will aid effectiveness at work, data protection, confidentiality, expected behaviour, policies and procedures to be followed at work, general/employment laws, health and safety responsibilities, effective team work, ways in which to improve and develop effective customer service.
- Delivered in college, during term time. Courses start April or Sept – on a Wednesday
- Functional skills
- Maths level 1 (Exemption applies if GCSE Grade C or equivalent has been achieved in Maths)
- Communication level 1 (Exemption applies if GCSE Grade or equivalent has been achieved in English)
- IT Level 1 (Exemption applies if GCSE Grade C or equivalent has been achieved in IT)
- Functional Skills are delivered and assessed in college.
- Exams are externally marked.
- You will be required to attend college one day per week for this training.
- In-house training by present software suppliers (Optinet) by team viewer and in person.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Kate Taylor 01484 437 000
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017