Hairdressing Apprentice Albert Fields
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an apprentice hairdresser to work for an establish salon based in Goring. Full training provided to enable you to become a skilled, qualified hairdresser.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
28 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be expected to assist with keeping all the work stations and surrounding areas clean and tidy, observing all health and safety regulations in order that we can present the best possible image to our clients.
Covering reception duties as and when required. Full training provided to enable you to become a skilled, qualified hairdresser.
- Assist with the cleaning of equipment used by the stylists and colouring technician as directed by them.
- Cleaning, observing health and safety guidelines at all times. A listing of cleaning activities that must take place can be found in the Policy and Procedure file.
- Ensure that the toilet facilities are maintained to a high level of cleanliness, restocking with toilet rolls, hand wash and cream as necessary.
- Assist with locating client record cards from the receptionist at the start of the day, or knowing where to access them in the receptionist absence.
- Report low stock levels to the Salon Owner or receptionist who will arrange for items to be replenished.
- Replenish water in the Fridge, and other perishable items as necessary, when stocks’ are low ensuring that they are fully stocked at all times. Go to shops and get rations as required.
- Ensure up to date magazines are available for clients to review, if not please ask the receptionist to source appropriate literature.
- Ensuring that all clients are treated with respect and escort them or get refreshments for them when asked to do so.
- Answer the telephone and take bookings in the receptionist absence or in times of peak activity.
- Ensure that gowns and towels are regularly cleaned and are appropriately stored.
- Ensure displays are replenished and kept clean and tidy at all times, moving older stock forward if necessary.
- Sweep floors and generally assist with all duties to ensure that the Salon is presentable and hygienically maintained at all times.
- Assist with setting up and shutting down the Salon as appropriate and as requested by other staff members.
- Keep colour bar area clean and tidy at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Clear communication skills, ability to develop good working relationships
- Good organisation skills with ability to work under your own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Eagerness to learn; you must be able to take direction, with a desire to attend college and further your experience of the hair industry
- Good telephone manner
GCSE Maths and English, grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Level 2 VTCT Award in Employment Awareness in the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reading College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017