We currently have an exciting apprenticeship training opportunity within our Customer Relations department to ensure that you get an excellent start to your career!
Apprenticeship in Customer Relations
BSI STANDARDS LIMITED
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017
Mon - Fri 0900-1700 35 hrs
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
08 May 2017
05 Sep 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Customer Relations at BSI encompasses all areas of the customer service journey, including:
- The delivery of professional responses to all BSI customers
- Managing a portfolio of subscriptions accounts and renewals
- Ensuring retention of customer accounts
- Managing the administration of subscriptions accounts and delivering technical support for our online products
You will begin your BSI journey by learning about our customer. In the first 3 months you will be offering BSI customer’s support and guidance, take advantage of upselling opportunities and taking customer calls and emails.
Then, you’ll move and learn more about the BSI customer accounts and subscriptions and how to retain customers. You will then learn more about the technical element of customer service, where you will be trained on how to offer bespoke technical advice to customer regarding our great online products.
The apprentice will have the opportunity to gain experience and provided with relevant training in a variety of Customer Relations activities, which include experience in the following areas:
- Provide expert customer service to internal and external customers.
- Deal with first line customer enquiries
- Customer Account Management, Advise and Co-ordination
- Managing a portfolio of customer accounts through telephone and email communication.
- Identify cross selling opportunities
- Progress incoming new business opportunities
- Providing administration support throughout the customer lifecycle and carrying out general sales admin duties within the customer subscriptions department
- Using the customer data systems relevant to the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to absorb new information and use it
- Positive can-do attitude
- Diligence, accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships
- Professional and flexible
- Driven and positive
- Well presented, polite, tactful and friendly
- Educated to GCSE A* to C (or equivalent) level in English and Maths
- Experience of working with computerised systems, including data entry and calculations.
- Knowledge of the filing and retrieval operations of numerical filing systems
- Experience of working to deadlines in a busy office environment
- IT – Word processing, spread sheets, database entry, use of general office equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Clear and concise English
BSI are and investors in people business and therefore are taking this opportunity to grow apprentices within the business. Those with the right skills, behaviours and performance, we will be considering progressing the apprentice into a full time role following the successful completion of their NVQ level 3.
Things to consider
The student must fulfill the eligibility criteria as outlined by the Government. When submitting your application you are confirming that you are eligible and can provide proof of evidence where required:
Please only apply if you:
Are 16 years old or over
Are not in full time education at College, School or undertaking a course paid for by the Government
Are willing to work for at least 30 hours per week
Can provide proof of National Insurance number
Can provide proof of UK Residency for at least 3 years
Can learn and obtain English, Maths & ICT to Level 1 or 2 Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
About the employer
The National Standards Body of the United Kingdom.
Making excellence a habit.
BSI STANDARDS LIMITED
389 Chiswick High Road
• NVQ L3 in Customer Service • Transferable skills in Maths and English • Employee Rights and Responsibilities
WEST THAMES COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by West Thames College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017