Childcare Apprentice Washway Road Day Nursery
The Apprentice will work alongside the room leaders and Nursery Managers to deliver high standards of childcare for the children at the nursery. You will deliver activities to support with the development needs of the children through daily play routines.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
24 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Responsibilities and Duties will involve::
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your room in
- conjunction with other staff;
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents/carers;
- Work with parents/carers of special needs children to give full integration in the Setting;
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team;
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members;
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, eg training, monthly staff meetings etc
- To be flexible within working practices of the Setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Setting, eg preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.;
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the nursery is fulfilled;
- Recording accidents in the children’s file.
- Look upon the Setting as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children;
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to Setting;
- To respect the confidentiality of information received;
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way
- Creative ideas for activities
- An awareness of child safety issues
You will have continuous in-house and external training opportunities. The chance to prove yourself and continue onto more advanced levels of Early Years Education.
Ideally candidates will have GCSEs grade A*-C or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be provided in order to achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young Peoples Workforce. Functional Skills Level 1 Maths, English and ICT are completed with the Apprentice if a prior GCSE grade A-C or equivalent has not already been achieved.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5555 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017