ATA Commis Chef Apprentice Beaumont Leys School
At Beaumont Leys School we are proud of the excellent work we do with our children and the community. We are looking for an Apprentice Commis Chef to support the Head Chef in cooking and serving our exciting and healthy menu.
Closing date: 17 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
24 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
At Beaumont Leys School we are proud of the excellent work we do with our children and the community.
- We are looking for an Apprentice Commis Chef to support the Head Chef in cooking and serving our exciting and healthy menu.
- You will be responsible for basic food preparation and cooking, maintaining an excellent standard of cleanliness and hygiene, as well as stock control and rotation.
- All of your training will be underpinned against the national standard through your apprentice training with Beaumont Leys School and Leicester College.
- The successful candidate will have a genuine passion to work in the hospitality sector and will want to grow and learn all aspects of cooking and the hospitality industry.
- Consequently we are looking for a capable, mature minded and motivated individual who takes a great deal of pride in their work and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude towards their responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills and an ability to work as part of a team Flexibility in terms of tasks undertaken
- Commitment to personal development
- Ability to work to deadlines/manage own workload
- Great role model in all that you do
- Attention to detail
- Good personal hygiene
- Listen to instructions
- Hard working and self motivated
- Confident and eager to learn new skills
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Pleasant and welcoming
- Reliable, responsible and honest
- Energetic and highly motivated to succeed
- Ability to use initiative
- Work well under pressure
- Trustworthy to work with young people
- Conscious of health and safety procedures
No formal qualifications required, however GSCE Grade A-C in English and Maths (or equivalent) are desirable. You will take a Maths and English Assessment prior to selection.
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful candidate will be trained towards the following qualifications.
- QCF Certificate in Professional Cookery (NVQ)
- Certificate in Principles of Professional Cookery (VRQ)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics and English
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 17 Sep 2017