This is a fantastic opportunity to work with Bombardier in Derby as an Electrical/Mechanical apprentice.
Electrical/Mechanical Assembly Apprentice
Bombardier Tranportation Uk Ltd
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Monday to Thursday, 8.00am - 4.30pm. Friday, 7.30am-12.30pm. 37 hours per week.
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
23 Nov 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The chosen candidate will be working towards their Advanced Apprenticeship in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering whilst working at Bombardier.
- The role will include assembling, validating and verifying components, systems and rail level requirements.
- Wiring lighting connections, intercom, toilet facilities, all train connections and testing of train carriages.
Requirements and prospects
- Desire to work in engineering and the ability to demonstrate this through application.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Hard working
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
An A-C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications).
After successful completion of their Apprenticeship there is an opportunity of full time employment.
Things to consider
Must be able to get to the employer premises on a daily basis and to our training centre for the technical training. Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour from 1st October 2016. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
About the employer
In the UK's rail transportation industry, Bombardier is a leader in the manufacturing, refurbishment and maintenance of rolling stock, with a workforce of over 3,300 people. It has production facilities in Derby and Plymouth, with employees based at 24 maintenance, refurbishment and overhaul centres across the UK, at which Bombardier currently maintains approximately 5000 vehicles. The company offers the broadest product portfolio and is recognised as the leader in the global rail sector.
- Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering
- Edexcel Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
James Lund 01332 296995 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017