Apprenticeship Nursery Assistant Little Starz Day Nursery Ltd
To assist nursery staff in the care, learning and development of children within a busy nursery.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
22 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- The apprentice will be based in one of the age groups in the nursery and will be appointed an experienced member of staff to mentor and support them.
- The apprentice will have the opportunity to carry out all the normal jobs of a nursery worker under supervision. They will be involved in play and care activities and will have opportunity to carry out observations on children which will be reviewed by senior members of staff.
- The apprentice will have the opportunity to attend in-house training alongside members of staff.
- The Apprentice may be included in ratios for short periods from time to time at the Manager’s discretion but will not generally be required in ratio.
- The Apprentice will be required to take part in the daily running of the setting and will setup/put away activities and participate in the development of the children.
Requirements and prospects
- Passionate about working with children
- Interest in working in childcare as a career
- Basic ICT skills would be an advantage
- Ability to be playful with children
- Pleasant, friendly, and approachable
- Good team-worker
- Good appearance and presentation
GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths is preferable.
About the employer
Little Starz Day Nursery Ltd
The Childcare Company provides online training in childcare, playwork and supporting teaching and learning.
Our online teaching and learning platform, the Laser, provides all your learning materials, and e-portfolio and also acts as a communication system between you and your assessor.
The Laser is user-friendly, easy to navigate and has won awards for its innovation. It means learners no longer need to take time out to go to college but can get an even better learning experience by combining the best of online learning with workplace experience.
The Laser provides learning resources in the forms of filmed tutorials, PowerPoint presentations, multimedia challenges, activities, good practice example videos and reading.
You will be assigned to an assessor for the duration of your course. Your assessor will guide you, set your work, mark all your work and help you with anything you need.
Our qualifications are all accredited by CACHE. You will cover various units in three age ranges 0-2, 2-3 and 3-5. Included in this qualification is ERR. NO Functional Skills are required any more as the qualification has recently changed.
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Sarah A Harden 07470422849 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017