A opportunity has arisen for a Receptionist to join Darley Dale Medical Centre. You will be the face of the practice and will be responsible for the smooth running of the front of house, as well as back office functions carried out by the reception team. This role offers 30 hours work per week over a shift pattern, including mornings and evenings.
GP Receptionist Apprentice
Darley Dale Medical Centre
Closing date: 31 May 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
There are two reception shifts per day: morning (From 8am) and late shifts (until 6.30pm), and the occasional Wednesday evening until 8pm may also be required.
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2017
17 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- As a GP Receptionist you will be working and completing a variety of tasks.
- These tasks include:
- Booking, cancelling and rearranging appointments
- Answering phones and dealing with patient queries
- Daily management of tasks and patient notes
- Filing prescriptions and new records after they have been summarised
- Call & recall for QOF and chronic disease management
- Filling clinics for HCAs and the Practice Nurse
- Chasing up results for patients
- Handling samples & chaperoning
- Dealing with Email, Faxes and referrals
- Opening post and allocating documents
- Attend mandatory training sessions
- Making sure the morning, afternoon and evening clinics run smoothly
- Assist other team members with their day to day activities as necessary
- To fulfil the requirements of the Apprenticeship scheme
- As part of the apprenticeship you will be working towards a Level 2 Business Administration
Requirements and prospects
Face to face communication skills
Excellent telephone manner
Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
Problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic & willing to apply learning
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of the team
- Confident & outgoing manner
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work to deadlines
- You should ideally have 3 GCSEs at Grade A*- D or equivalent, being Maths, English & ICT.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word & Excel
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship, satisfactory performance and attendance, the candidate will be considered for a permanent position with the company.
About the employer
The Darley Dale Medical Centre, incorporates surgeries at Darley Dale near Matlock, Winster and Youlgreave near Bakewell. Their dedicated team treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues.
- NVQ in Business Administration - Level 2
- Certificate in Business Administration – Level 2
- Functional Skills English (if applicable)
- Functional Skills Maths (if applicable)
- Functional Skills ICT (if applicable)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
Emma Braybrooke 01332 296 995 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 May 2017