Apprentice Nursery Assistant Hand In Hand
An excellent opportunity has become available for an apprentice Nursery assistant in the Erdington area of the West Midlands for Hand In Hand Nursery.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
27 Aug 2017
02 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An opportunity has arisen with an employer in the Erdington area of Birmingham for an Apprenticeship position in Childcare. The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to.
Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other Key Responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play
- Completing development records for the children
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare, (with the possibility of progressing to Level 3 Apprenticeship in Childcare where appropriate).
This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
You must have a desire and a passion to work with children and be committed to this qualification.
- Outgoing personality
- Great if able to work using own initiative
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Committed to a pathway of learning in a vocational setting.
- Good Literacy: GCSE A*-C Grades or equivalent
- Good Numeracy: GCSE A*-C Grades or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Hand In Hand
- Full training for Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare.
- QCF Qualification
- Functional Skills in Maths, ICT and English if required.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ASPIRATION TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspiration Training Ltd
Bernie Stone 07964886838 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017