Apprentice Quality Engineer European Heathyards Co Ltd
Apprentice required to assist in the engineering quality department
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
15 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The company service has expanded and to continue the development they are looking to recruit an apprentice to assist in the Engineering Quality Department.
The successful candidate will receive thorough training and development and will be supported throughout the apprenticeship. The main job role will involve:
- Quality Inspection
- First off inspection
- Checking of finished parts
- Checking goods which are delivered to the company
- Assisting in the set up of components prior to being welded
- Reporting to the Quality department
Requirements and prospects
- Must be able to produce accurate work
- Must be able to work towards agreed deadlines
- Previous knowledge of industrial / engineering work / reading engineering drawings would be advantageous
- Able to retain information
- Good written and verbal communications
- Able to work independently and with others
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Committed and keen to learn
- Punctual and reliable
GCSE grades A-C in English, Maths and ICT are required
Candidates with some basic industrial/engineering experience are preferred.
Things to consider
About the employer
Their service offering has expanded to now include specialist products such as low now burners, large turbine base plates, silos & support structures and high integrity welding.
Their engineering excellence has ensured that they have evolved into one of the UK’s leading providers to a broad range of industries. These include power generation, petrochemical, environmental, process plant, water and offshore sectors.
Training will be provided by In-Comm Training Services Limited and will include working towards:
- NVQ Level 2 in Performing Engineering Operations
- City & Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills Workbook
Improving Operational Performance
IN-COMM TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones 01922 457686
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017