Nursery Apprentice BASCULE LIMITED
Can you see the magic in a muddy puddle? Have you always wanted to work with children and truly make a difference in the lives of little people? If so, then please read on as we have fantastic opportunities for aspiring nursery nurses to join us and enter the world of early years education.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
29 Oct 2023
22 May 2019
Duties/responsibilities to include:
- Undertake a developmental programme leading to an Early Years Qualification as part of an apprenticeship which is achieved within the given timescale
- Actively participate in your own development plan working through the qualification with the qualification provider and with the nursery setting too
- Undertake induction training in the nursery with a named mentor
- Keep your mentor informed of your progress and to raise any concerns or issues with them
- Support the nursery staff to observe, plan and maintain accurate children’s records
- Develop a sound understanding of Safeguarding Policies
- Undertake a shared responsibility for the care of children, health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery
We would love you to join our team as we embark on accreditation to 'The Curiosity Approach', promoting awe and wonder in early childhood. This is a unique style of learning for children to be engaged in the joy of DOING rather than the end result.
Requirements and prospects
- Passionate about working with children
- Interest in working in childcare as a career
- Ability to be playful with children
- Holds a passion for education and educating our children
- Believes in shaping a future for not only the children but themselves
- Is articulate and friendly
- Able to commit to the full apprenticeship programme
- Holds a passion for learning about childcare and reliable to boot
GCSE (or equivalent) in English and maths is preferable.
On completion of the Apprenticeship suitable candidates may be offered permanent positions if available.
Things to consider
What we can offer YOU!
- A competitive training salary
- Ongoing personal and professional development
- A graduating probation bonus of £150
- 1 week shut down at Christmas
- A great and friendly place to work
- The support of a very experienced team and nursery manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. However, due to the nature of the role the successful applicant must be able to undertake and provide a clear enhanced DBS check and satisfactory referencing.
About the employer
All of our nurseries have been refurbished and equipped to a very high standard, and offer wonderful large rooms that give a light airy feeling and provide lots of space in which children can play and learn. All have a homely welcoming feel, and provide us with a large space for exciting outdoor play and exploration. Large windows and large rooms induce a sense of awe and calm in staff, children and visitors alike.
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Lauren Coughlan 01753 596004 email@example.com
The Childcare Company is an Ofsted ‘Grade 2 Good’ established leading National training provider delivering high quality apprenticeships in partnership with childcare employers to support the development and growth of our workforce.
The Childcare Company is dedicated that each apprentice has the best possible learning journey, by providing training that develops the apprentice’s workplace skills, knowledge and personal development (behaviours), that will have a positive impact on them, in their workplace and in the wider society and most importantly sets a solid foundation to progress in their chosen career path.
Training is delivered through blended learning. Supported by one our sector specialist tutors the tutor will deliver teaching sessions using a variety of methods including; face to face, Skype, virtual classroom, face time and telephone and additionally provide support and motivation. Working in partnership with the employer, apprentices will be provided with ‘on the job’ and ‘off the job’ training during their paid working hours.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.