Nursery Assistant Apprentice REHOBOTH DAY NURSERY LIMITED
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2022
29 Apr 2019
Level 3 (A level)
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards
- Working as part of a team
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and to work within this framework
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
- Practical understanding of safeguarding duties, role of safeguarding officer and current safeguarding legislations
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Good IT Skills
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
GCSE C or above in maths and English preferable (or equivalent)
Further Training, progression within the company, potential full time employment and wage increase based on performance.
Things to consider
From April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
About the employer
Choosing your child’s nursery can be exciting but can also cause one to feel bemused and anxious.With us, your child’s happiness and safety are always our principal priority and we place emphasis on giving emotional care as we support for progress and development. All children need to feel safe, loved and well cared for.
Rehoboth Day Nursery is operated as a home away from home; where children are cared for just as parents do at home; with the added bonus of learning to broaden their minds and achieve their learning goals to help prepare their developments in order to achieve positive behaviour towards learning when they go to school.
In ensuring that these basic needs are met, we also understand that all children are unique and have their individual needs and personal requirements; and, we, therefore, care for every child as an individual. In addition to providing excellent care, we believe in providing outstanding learning experiences through enjoyable play. We do provide stimulating environments both indoors and outdoors for the children to foster a love of learning that provides the children with the best possible start in life. We cherish our well-trained workforce who care for the children as though they were their own.
We endeavour to work in partnership with parents and carers to ensure progressive learning using a child-centred approach. Every child is carefully observed and their progress logged and discussed with parents and carers. Every individual child is unique to us and Every Child Matters is vastly acknowledged in Rehoboth Day Nursery.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Kelis Towe 01277725774 email@example.com
- Early Years Educator Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English and/ or maths
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.