Apprentice Chef Aston Marina
We are looking to assist in the classical training of a new Apprentice Commis Chef or Chef de Partie to join our growing team. We are keen to recruit a hardworking and reliable individual, who has a passion for food, and can contribute positively to our professional and dynamic team.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
22 Mar 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Salary bracket: Competitive dependent on previous skills and experience
- 30-40 hours per week (more during busy times) - 5 days per week, including weekends and some evenings
- We are looking to assist in the classical training of a new Apprentice Commis Chef or Chef de Partie to join our growing team
- Learn new techniques and skills to assist in running the kitchen, ensuring excellent food preparation standards and HACCP are maintained
- Gain experience to run a section of the kitchen - ensuring orders are completed for the section, food is prepared and plated to an excellent consistent standard
- Learn and be flexible to operate in multiple stations in the kitchen, including starters, breakfast, sandwiches, desserts
- Keep accurate records and reporting. Fridge temperatures, cooking temperatures, hot holding temperatures, cooling records, cleaning records, delivery records
- Work in a fast paced environment where organisation and forward planning are essential
- Ensure appropriate stock levels that are correctly organised and labelled. Ensuring stock rotation and quality. Minimise waste and maximise productivity
- Ensure effective communication between all of the Chefs in the team and front of house team
- Ensure food safety and allergy regulations are adhered to at all times
- Great opportunities for career progression
- This is not a complete list. You may be asked to undertake a variety of different tasks in addition
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping
- Committed team worker
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Be able to follow recipes and instructions
- Excellent hygiene standards
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- A love of food
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to work shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Predicted or achieved GCSE grades A-C (9-4) to include maths and English (or the equivalent)
- Could lead to a permanent position for the right person
Things to consider
- The position will include evening working including weekend work. Shift patterns will be planned on a week to week basis. There may be a requirement to work in other areas of the Marina, where staff cover is required
- Uniform is provided
- The candidate will attend Stafford College 1 day per week (planned for Monday)
- The candidate should check travel arrangements and ensure they have the ability to travel safely to/from work
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Aston Marina is a family business with a focus on quality in every aspect of the business. The Marina incorporates No 26 restaurant and bar, The Boat House venue for weddings and events, and The Marina, which deals with moorings and the office.
This idyllic waterside haven has been created for food lovers and moorers alike. Named after the canal lock that neighbours the marina, No. 26 Bar and Dining promises a relaxed dining experience in surroundings designed to make the most of its waterside setting.
We have a passion for using the finest quality ingredients, sourced from within Staffordshire, wherever possible, and this is showcased in our seasonal menus, with vegetarian and gluten free options always available.
We offer breakfast, lunch or dinner, or simply a coffee and delicious cake, or a snack with a drink on the deck. We always offer friendly, professional service with a smile.
The comfortable bar area offers the perfect spot to enjoy a drink and catch up with friends with drinks ranging from Barista style coffees, and a selection of teas to locally produced beers, an extensive wine list and house cocktails.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
01785 275660 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths (where applicable)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.