Cottontails is a friendly, vibrant village pre-school offering term-time only care. Rated good by Ofsted, we are a forest school with regular outdoor sessions. Are you caring, passionate, hard-working and enthusiastic? Then we would love to hear from you.
Advanced Apprentice Early Years Practitioner
Closing date: today
31 hours term time only Mon, Tue, Thurs, 8.30 – 4 Tues, 8.30 – 12.30 Friday, college
Total hours per week: 31.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2017
09 Nov 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for an apprentice to join our hard-working and dedicated team. At Cottontails you will work as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the manager to provide safe, high quality education and care for young children. You will ensure that a stimulating and enjoyable environment is maintained and after training will work as a key worker to a small group of children.
Your Main duties will include:
- Assisting with the planning of the curriculum.
- Helping to set up the playroom for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- After a period of training, you will act as a key person to a small group of children, completing all relevant paper work, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
- You will advise the pre-school leader of any concerns e.g. over children, child protection, parents/carers, or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with any relevant play and learning plans.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
- Attending staff meetings.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the pre-school leader, in accordance with the pre-school’s objectives.
Cottontails is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. Reference checks and enhanced DBS clearance will be required.
We are looking for someone who is excited to work with children and who is willing to learn and engage fully with training. You must be friendly, caring and have a flexible approach to your work and be able to work on our own initiative and as part of our team. f this sounds like you, then we are looking forward to meeting you.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good standard of written work
- Willingness to learn
- Maths and English GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent)
Offer of a further position within the pre-school is dependant on business needs at the time of completion.
About the employer
Cottontails Pre-school was formed 40 years ago offering term time only care and provides a safe, stimulating, happy and caring environment where the children can learn through their play. Children can join Cottontails at the beginning of the term in which they will be three years old and remain with us until they start Primary School.
You will achieve an Advanced Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples workforce.
This will include;
- Cache level 3 Diploma in Children and Young Peoples workforce
- Functional Skills (if needed)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Children and Young People's Workforce
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Camilla Goding 01223 226322
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today