Apprentice Nursery Practitioner LIFELINE COMMUNITY PROJECTS
Be trained to achieve the position of a Nursery Practitioner and to assist in all areas of daily tasks. Contribute to a high quality caring environment for children, creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
03 Nov 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Receive in-house training with online course work and regular supervisions from a nominated training provider, attending college where applicable. Apprenticeships are for one year and all work, including Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (unless the candidate holds GCSE in these subjects grade C or above) are expected to be completed within this time frame.
- Attend team meetings and all out of hours activities.
- Support all staff and engage in the team.
- Under supervision provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
- Assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
- Ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development.
- Keep rooms clean and tidy and ensure children’s folders are kept up to date.
- Provide adult interaction with children in the nursery and offer stimulating and varied activities.
- Be aware of the Nursery’s policies and procedures drawing particular attention to confidentiality and safeguarding.
- Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery.
- Undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined by the trainee’s supervisor from time to time.
- Understand that as part of the training you may be required to move to other parts of the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills with direct experience of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Be able to work independently using your own initiative as well as within a team.
- Ability to identify and deal with problems and to know when to refer on.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and simply both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate verbal reasoning and listening skills.
- Ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds and organisations.
- NNEB / CACHE, BTEC or NVQ in Childcare at Level 2
About the employer
LIFELINE COMMUNITY PROJECTS
Training will be provided by Training Associates, providing the successful apprentice with an NVQ level 3 in Childcare.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017