Health and Social Care Apprenticeship St Benedicts Nursing Home
To assist in the provision of care and work as part of a team to achieve required standards. To ensure residents retain their dignity and individuality. To be involved in the general duties of the Home.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 33.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
03 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting / assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assist residents in all aspects of their care needs (i.e. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring residents retain their comfort and dignity.
- Pay particular attention to assisting residents who have limited mobility or physical / learning difficulties, making the best and safe use of aids provided.
- Closely monitor residents who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems.
- Assist in the promotion of continence.
- Assist in the delivery of care for residents who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with last offices.
- Observe care planning needs for residents and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities.
- Answer Nurse Call system, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately, respond according and pass on messages promptly.
- Under the supervision and guidance of senior Care Staff and Registered Nurses, report on the well-being of residents.
- Carry out regular checks on residents at intervals determined by senior Staff Members.
- Make visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments / assistance as and when required.
- Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are emptied in line with the Nursing Home’s disposal of waste policy. Ensure the Home’s resources are used appropriately.
- Clean and maintain equipment used by residents e.g. wheelchairs, commodes, pressure relieving equipment, hearing aids, spectacles, bath hoists, showers etc. Ensure the Home is kept clean and tidy in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy.
- Care for residents clothing and assist with naming if applicable, and ensure that all clothing is clearly marked and recorded.
- Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
Requirements and prospects
- To have good communication, organisational skills and an ability to show initiative.
- To have a patient, caring nature and enthusiasm to care for the elderly.
- To be approachable and friendly and be able to communicate well with the residents in a respectful manner.
- To have a keen willingness to learn.
Good secondary education.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2/Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if necessary
Dependant on the applicant there is availability of Level 2 or a Level 3 apprenticeship.
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Mr William Merivale 01458 833275 William@stbens.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017