This is an exciting opportunity to join BTROS as one of our Higher Engineering Apprentices based at the Bombardier Transportation site here in Derby.
Production Scheduler Higher Apprentice
B T R O S
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Mon to Thu 8am to 4pm. Fri 8am to 12.20pm
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Apr 2017
31 Oct 2016
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Purpose of the job.
To ensure that all shop floor documentation is issued in a timely manner to allow for on time delivery of all products.
Key responsibilities and challenges:
- Raise and issue works orders in line with either MPS requirements for main projects, or as required for “1 off” orders to ensure on time delivery of end products
- Raise and issue picking lists to the stores to allow materials to be issued to production in line with MPS requirements
- Maintain the shop floor production boards with required by dates based on determined lead times
- Attend production meetings and provide feedback as required
- Maintain the miscellaneous orders production board as required
- Closing down and completing of works orders to ensure that the system is up to date
- Call in materials as required on a just in time basis
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by the business
Requirements and prospects
- Desire to work in engineering and the ability to demonstrate this through application
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Technical background in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Visio, Excel & Powerpoint)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Must be comfortable in dealing with people at all levels, both internally and externally
- Organisational skills with a methodical approach to tasks
- Willing to learn
- A Levels in Maths and a Science Subject (or equivalent)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering
Progression within the company.
Things to consider
Travel to work on a daily basis and travel to the training centre on Pride Park.
About the employer
BTRoS Interiors & Cabling Division is a subsidiary of the Bombardier Transportation Group but operates as a separate legal entity. BTRoS Interiors & Cabling Division is a market leading ‘One Stop Shop’ build-to-print company for new build, refurbishment and upgrade programmes, and with its broad capabilities in electrical assemblies, harnesses and fabrication it offers a quality solution for this and other ancillary equipment requirements. BTRoS Interiors & Cabling Division was initially formed in 2010 after acquisition of two key suppliers to the rail industry (electrical & interiors). In 2012 the two divisions were merged and moved to the Derby Bombardier site occupying 8000m2 of production floor space and 1470m2 of warehouse storage space. In September 2015 we were awarded IRIS certification for our core capabilities, ensuring robust quality and operating procedures.
- Level 4 Technical Certificate in Business Administration
- NVQ Level 4 in Business Administration
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
James Lund 01332 296995 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017