Apprentice Software Developer RYAN DIRECT GROUP LIMITED
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity with Ryan Direct Group in Preston
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Nov 2017
28 Oct 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Apprentice Software Developer
£3.40 per hour
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898 888
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity with Ryan Direct Group in Preston. Ryan Direct Group (RDG) combines the latest technology with great customer service to provide insurance solutions to some of the UK’s best known insurance and retail brands. RDG provides end-to-end insurance services including everything from product development, sales and distribution and compliance through to claims validation and policy administration.
We are always looking to continue the growth of the business which is why we require a Software Developer Apprentice to join the IT team. If you are passionate about development, keen to learn from experience members of the IT team, and join a business which can offer a good career progression then this is the position for you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily tasks and duties will include supporting existing web-based applications, building up knowledge of these systems to a point where they can bug fix, enhance and eventually further develop them.
- Within the development cycle there will initially be responsibility for support and then development, unit testing and delivery.
- Supporting existing applications.
- Coding and unit testing application.
- Working well in a small team as well as on your own initiative.
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail
- A logical and analytical thinking
- To have a technical aptitude
- Good communication skills
- To have some user interface experience would be advantageous
- Have a passion for IT
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Ability to get on with job and others well. Likes to succeed and achieve set targets.
- Ability to form good working relationships.
- Organisational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team, on own initiative, under pressure and to deliver to deadlines.
5 GCSE’s at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths),
Things to consider
About the employer
RYAN DIRECT GROUP LIMITED
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eleven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
Level 3 Diploma in Professional
Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
PLTS and ERR
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
MCTS on Windows 7
MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
MCITP on Windows Server 2008
MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Honor Greenwood 01422 898888 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017