An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, committed individual to join this friendly team as a Receptionist within their newly refurbished premises. The successful applicant will become an integral part of the day to day business offered by this prestigious venue.
Administration & Reception Apprentice
Horse & Jockey
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017
Monday - Friday ,predominately but may include evening and weekends.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 May 2017
27 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful applicant will have clear and confident communication skills and will have a professional work ethic with a desire to work in a professional company.
Working within a small busy team the role will be varied and will require a flexible individual who is willing to be involved in all aspects of the company including on-site assistance with events. This position would suit an individual looking to develop and grow with a young and expanding company.
As Receptionist Apprentice you will be working and completing a variety of tasks.
- Taking incoming calls via the main switchboard and other extensions, directing to the correct department as necessary
- Receiving and greeting clients
- Dealing with enquiries by phone or in person at the reception desk, email and fax
- Taking and inputting reservations into the Hotel Reservation system
- Typing menus, letters, forms or any work given by management team, including table plans for Weddings and functions if required
- Undertaking any work delegated by the management team, telephone calls, mailshots, typing or allocating group booking accommodation
- Support the general business administration including dealing with clients and processing a variety of paperwork..
- Maintain the high level of customer service to all past, existing and future clients in line with company policy
- Maintain high levels of Health & Safety awareness and report any areas of concerns immediately
- Maintain high standards of house-keeping for all areas of the site
- Put improvement suggestions forward where appropriate
- Assist other team members with their day to day activities as necessary
- To fulfil the requirements of the Apprenticeship scheme
- As part of the apprenticeship you will be working towards a Level 2 in Business Administration
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate with Microsoft office software
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with both guests and colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm at the first point of contact
- Attention to detail to ensure all information is communicated and recorded correctly
- Willingness to undertake any training offered to improve skills or gain qualifications
- Resourceful, flexible and pro-active
- Friendly team player with a genuine desire to learn
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of the team
- Confident & outgoing manner
- Strong work ethic and genuine desire to succeed in the workplace
- 3 GCSE' s at Grade A*- C or equivalent, being Maths, English & ICT.
As a new business venture, we are looking for candidates that wish to grow with the company, share ideas and inspire others.
Things to consider
Due to the nature of the role you must be flexible to work evenings and weekends as part of your standard working week. The Horse & Jockey is in a rural location, however there is a regular bus route running to the village.
About the employer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join this friendly hospitality team as a Receptionist within their newly refurbished premises. The successful applicant will become an integral part of the day to day business offered by this prestigious venue delivering a consistently friendly & professional approach to their clients & colleagues alike The Horse & Jockey, Wessington is undergoing a major refurbishment part of which is to establish this prestigious venue as the number one choice for weddings and other events. Exciting developments are also underway at their sister venue The White Hart near Alfreton. The company is committed to the training and development of their personnel and this role provides a genuine opportunity for someone with the right attitude to establish themselves as an integral part of the team. Delivering outstanding quality time after time means that they expect consistently high service levels excellence to be delivered by their staff at all times.
Horse & Jockey
NVQ in Business Administration - Level 2
Functional Skills English (if applicable)
Functional Skills Maths (if applicable)
Functional Skills ICT (if applicable)
Employment Responsibilities and Rights
Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
Emma Braybrooke 01332 296 995 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017