Dental Nursing Apprenticeship Vicars Cross Dental Practice
If you are interested in oral health and dental nursing, we are offering a super opportunity to join a small caring team of professionals. Dental nurses help dentists with all aspects of patient care, and here at Vicars Cross Dental practise you will gain excellent on the job training and support and earn whilst you learn.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
24 Oct 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
As a dental nurse your work would usually include, but would not be limited to the activities below:
- Passing instruments to the dentist, therapist or hygienist
- Preparing materials, for all types of dental treatments.
- Making sure that the patient is relaxed and comfortable at all times.
- Chair side support for the dentist.
- Contribute with the production of dental images.
As well as helping care for patients, you would also:
- Tidy and prepare the dental surgery
- Infection control
- Keep areas in the surgery sterile
- Help the dentist record information about each patient
- Carry out stock control.
- At a general dental practice, you may also help at the reception area, especially during busy periods.
- This would involve booking appointments, taking payments for treatment and greeting and reassuring patients.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer service skills.
- GCSE or equivalent Grade C or above in Maths and English.
About the employer
Vicars Cross Dental Practice
- All aspects of “on the job” training in addition to attendance at College to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
- Functional Skills if required.
WEST CHESHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by West Cheshire College
Aimee Pitt 01244 656 455
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017