Advanced Apprentice Chef Newcastle Marriott Gosforth Park
Working alongside the head chef you will assist in preparing sauces, soups and starters, prepare and garnish food, as well as fresh desserts.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
24 Oct 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Working alongside the head chef you will assist in preparing sauces, soups and starters, prepare and garnish food, as well as fresh desserts.
- You will be involved in every step from preparation to serving. You will also be responsible for maintaining the high standards of your own work station and keeping the highest standards of personal hygiene.
- This role will be varied and very exciting, strong customer service skills are essential and the ability to work within a team and communicate at all levels is paramount.
This position will involve the applicant taking on the role of Apprentice Chef and will be required to:
- Support the Head Chef & kitchen team in ensuring the efficient and effective running of the kitchen.
- Ensure and maintain standards of cleanliness, relating to the working areas and kitchen equipment, complying with company standards and legal requirements.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, with careful consideration of preparation
- Ability to cope well under pressure and use own initiative in a high pressure environment
- Presentable and professional
- Must have an interest in this area
- Must have completed an intermediate apprenticeship in professional cookery or NVQ Level 2 diploma in professional cookery
- Must have GCSE grade D in both English & Mathematics or equivalents
About the employer
Newcastle Marriott Gosforth Park
- You will work towards a Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking)
- With a day release to Gateshead College to complete Technical Certificate and Functional Skills.
- The remainder of the training is to be carried out on the Company premises.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gateshead College
Ryan Wilson email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017