Apprentice Loans Administrator PEPPER (UK) LIMITED
Key responsibilities include assisting with the day to day management of company’s mortgage assets and application processes. This specifically includes oversight of the Mortgage Administration, Insurance, New Lending and Complaint workloads.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
10 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Other core aspects include assistance with monthly reporting, both internally and to investors/clients, ad-hoc performance analysis, and helping to maintain working relationships with servicing partners to further enhance efficient operations.
- To deliver accurate and timely processing of mortgage administration activities including general admin, insurance, redemptions and complaints.
- Responsible for daily interaction with customers and other associated third parties, accurate processing of data onto I.T. systems and ensuring that workloads are processed efficiently and effectively in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- Assessing and actioning referrals received from primary servicer for all requests outside mandate.
- Assisting where required with third party auditing.
- Assistance with monthly performance reporting.
- Attend third party review meetings where necessary, including preparation of agendas and documenting actions.
- Due diligence of new assets as and when required.
- Has a robust understanding of regulation and associated legislative policy and the impacts these have on the business.
- Awareness of the changes and development in regulation and legislation and the impact these have on the business including:
- Mortgage Conduct of Business rules
- Financial Services and Markets Act 2000
- Financial Services Authority
- Treating Customers Fairly
Treating Customers Fairly:
Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is a principle introduced by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) putting the needs of customers at the heart of all financial services providers to ensure that customers can be confident that they are dealing with an organisation that is looking after their interests. Every member of staff is expected to do things ‘the right way’, ensuring that our customers interests are considered in everything we do.
- The following TCF principles are fundamental to every role:
- Giving the customer what they have been led to expect.
- Not taking advantage of the customer.
- Exhibit clarity in all customer dealings.
- Show flexibility, empathy and consideration in dealing with customers.
- Resolve mistakes or issues in the most effective manner.
- Being prepared to challenge process if you think it does not reflect our TCF values.
- Analyses problems, thinks creatively, and makes effective decisions in the appropriate timescale.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of regulatory requirements and the impact these have on the business.
- Evidences the ability to effectively relate to the customer and communicate pertinent information in a cohesive and relevant manner.
- Able to apply consideration to potential outcomes and to make decisions with supervision.
- Fully appreciates and consistently adheres to company compliance procedures and standards for their role.
Manage diary system:
You will be responsible for setting call backs with customers, setting meetings, inviting others, setting call back for other members of staff, when staff are off sick they will need to pick up their work for the day etc.
Collate and report data:
You will be liaising with customers to establish their current positions financially, record this on our database, make referrals to senior management with this data to make decisions on accounts
Develop/Deliver a presentation – they have a group project whilst here to develop a presentation on our internal processes on IDing Customers, there will also be the opportunity to develop presentations for client meetings in our commercial department and presentations in team meetings.
Process information about customers – this is the core of all the roles
Develop customer relationships – they will have a portfolio of accounts they will manage and through this develop customer relationships
Bespoke software – all our software is developed and maintained in house
Use office equipment – they will need to use computer, phone, fax, printers, scanners…
Handle mail – this will be the loans admin role, it involves some work in the post room
Produce minutes of meetings – they will all attend team meetings, in these they take it in turns to take minutes
Requirements and prospects
- Word and Excel experience
- Good writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Basic IT skills
- Hard working
- Customer focused
- Professional manner
A–C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
About the employer
Pepper UK is a market leading specialist loan servicing company providing tailored services to investor and banking clients in the UK. With over 150 staff based in London and North Yorkshire, including Engage Credit a trading name of Pepper UK, we manage residential mortgages, Buy to Let, commercial real estate (CRE) and consumer loan assets. We also provide white label servicing and service loans through Engage, where we hold Legal Title for clients.
International rating agency Fitch Ratings ranks us as one of the highest rated independent residential mortgage Special Servicers in the UK and the only Fitch rated Master Servicer in Europe. Current ratings from Fitch are: UK Primary (prime and sub-prime) Servicer Rating RPS2+, UK Residential Special Servicer Rating RSS2+, and UK Residential Master Servicer Rating RMS2.
- Level 2 NVQ in Business and Administration (leading to Level 3 NVQ)
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
REDWOOD EDUCATION AND SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Redwood skills
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017