Apprentice IT Support and Networking Executive Gerald Grundy Computer Services Ltd
You will be joining a business with an enviable reputation with its customer, offering first line support and assistance when and where required.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Oct 2017
20 Oct 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Ensure that all support customer calls are a handled effectively.
- Ensure that all customer systems are patched and operating optimally.
- Directly deliver solutions to customer problems and where necessary organise the appropriate resource to deliver solutions in the fastest time possible.
- Liaise with the consultancy team to provide rapid solutions to customer and internal problems.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to ensure timely delivery of solutions and installation of replacement equipment to meet our SLA commitments to clients.
- Work alongside the IT manager
- Liaising with other business's within the group and assisting their IT
- A small amount of software development
- Virus scans/ Installation of Hardware
- Attending clients sites with Field Engineers
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will be a logical thinker, able to demonstrate problem solving skills in a time-efficient matter. They should be a polite, presentable individual, with a dynamic, go-getting attitude towards work. They should have ability to work well individually or as a team. They should be a punctual individual, with the ability to meet deadlines, and administration skills should be of the highest standard.
Looking for someone that has real experience of IT and hardware
Someone that is the "go to" person in the family for IT issues
Someone that is more than just proficient with Microsoft Office packages
the successful candidate will exhibit the following qualities;
- Great communication skills
- Good listener
- Drive to succeed
- Wanting to extend their knowledge of IT
Ideally 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
About the employer
Gerald Grundy Computer Services Ltd
As well as extremely robust in house training you will also receive the following training whilst working towards an Advanced IT Apprenticeship in IT systems and Networking
Microsoft configuring windows 10
Setting up networks/cabling/domains
CompTIA Network +
Networking Concepts/installation and configuration/media/management/security
Configuring and troubleshooting
Software installation and upgrades
Working with ICT Hardware and equipment
You will also receive training on any required Functional Skills
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
HIGHBURY COLLEGE PORTSMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New Horizons (Uk) Ltd
jennifer thomas 0121 796 0561 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017