Accountancy Apprenticeship The Good Food & Gift Company Limited
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established and reputable family run online food & gift business based in Lavendon. This role is perfect for someone looking to start their career in accounts within a supportive team.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
18 Oct 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This role gives the opportunity for a self-motivated person to start on the road to a career in the accounts providing full support towards exams and on the job training.
- Match purchase invoices to delivery notes, time sheets etc.
- Post purchase invoices and update cash flow
- Reconcile creditors accounts to suppliers statements
- Update Sage accounts software with cash payments and receipts from the bank statements
- Perform bank reconciliations on Sage
- Check and respond to accounts e mails as necessary
- Take phone calls to the accounts department as necessary
- Process refunds and vouchers issued to customers
- Update stock software with goods received
- Match goods received to suppliers invoices
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for accounts analysis as required
- Reconcile customer accounts as required
- Raise sales invoices
- Post journals to Sage as required
- Help with running payroll as necessary
- Credit control- chasing trade debtors if necessary
- In busy periods help with any other jobs as may be required in a small trading company. For example assisting in the warehouse, stock taking, taking customer’s phone orders or dealing with customer queries
Requirements and prospects
- Positive attitude
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above including Maths, English and ICT or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Milton Keynes on a day release basis, the remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.
You will work to achieve the highly recognised AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification and receive MAAT (Member of Association of Accounting Technicians) status.
You will be learning about all aspects of Accounting and learning new skills related to how businesses work. On the Apprenticeship there will be a good mixture of hands-on practical work and written work.
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017