Intermediate nursery assistant apprentice Hickory House Day Nursery
Busy day nursery seeking hard working apprentice to assist with all childcare within the nursery.
Closing date: 15 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Sep 2017
19 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Within this role you would be responsible for the daily care of children. You roles and responsibilities would include:
- Support Children's care and education in a supervised environment
- Take part and organise activities for the children
- Help and support children in their learning and progression
- Ensuring that the children remain safe at all times
- Preparing food and drinks for the children
- Ensure that all areas are clean and tidy
- Ensure that the environment runs smoothly on a day to day basis
Requirements and prospects
- We are looking for someone to have great communication skills as you will be required to interact with children and adults.
- You must also have an ability to work well with other's and individually.
- When working in this environment, it is essential that you maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- You must also be dedicated to caring for these children and have excellent patience.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Progression onto an advanced level apprenticeship if funding is available
About the employer
Hickory House Day Nursery
This apprenticeship is a work based course meaning there will be no college attendance. Throughout this apprentice you will receive monthly visits from your assessor, who will guide and support you. In order to complete your apprenticeship you will submit a portfolio of evidence.
- NVQ level 2
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- Certificate of Achievement of Knowledge of Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills Recognition
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by esg
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Sep 2017