Apprentice Nursery Nurse - Advanced HESLEYSIDE ENTERPRISES LIMITED
We are seeking a professional, dedicated, hardworking, friendly & passionate Nursery Apprentice to join our fantastic team of friendly Nursery Professionals.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
17 Oct 2017
18 Oct 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for an Apprentice Nursery Assistant, who will be supported fully with their qualification. Lunch will be provided at the setting, where staff are encouraged to eat with the children. A mentor will be appointed to ensure support is provided in the first 3 months. This will continue throughout your employment with Training Depot Day Nursery.
- You will be someone who recognises that all children are unique and who is passionate about delivering high quality care to children
- You will be someone who is friendly and understands and thrives on the value of teamwork
- You may have a sound understanding the Early Years Foundation Stage, and the observation assessment cycle
- You will be committed to and aware of the importance of working in partnership with parents to ensure the every child’s individual needs are met
- You will have an approach which provides all the children in your care with the opportunity to increase their confidence and utilise their environment as best as possible
- It is essential that you have a child centred approach with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Some of your responsibilities as a Nursery Apprentice will include:
- To ensure the children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- To participate in planning, preparing and reviewing the curriculum with the team in your room reflective of the EYFS
- To work in partnership with the parents
- To follow all the policies and procedures set out by the nursery
- To work as part of a team to work alongside and liaise with the deputy and nursery manager
- Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service
If you are a committed and enthusiastic person we would love to hear from you.
Requirements and prospects
- An understanding of the work practices, processes and procedures relevant to the role
- Good verbal and written communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- An understanding of staff training and development
- Knowledge of childcare legislative polices and their implementation
- Demonstrate the ability to listen to other staff members
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate with children and adults
- Demonstrate a caring and patient attitude
- Good professional attitude e.g. dress, conduct , flexibility and mutual respect for others and a passion to work with children
- Promote diversity throughout the setting
- Ensure appropriate personal hygiene standards
- Promote a positive attitude to training
- Good organisational skills
- The Ability to Communicate Clearly and Effectively
- Flexibility, Good Judgment and Accountability
- Focusing on the children and parents of the nursery
- Participate in Planning and organising
- Team-working, The Ability to Relate to Others Well Individually and in Teams
- Show determination and Initiative
- Take on responsibility
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem Solving and Decision Making skills
- Achievement Focus
- Honesty, Integrity, Ethics
- Ability and Willingness to Follow Protocol
- Commitment and Dependability
Looking for a Level 3 apprentice who already has a Childcare Level 2 qualification.
Candidates who are not qualified to Level 2 will also be considered.
It is preferred that you have GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
About the employer
As well as being mentored in the workplace, you will be assigned an Assessor from the College who will support you throughout the qualification.
You will be working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship in Children and Young People's Workforce.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnfield College
Anisah Khan 01582 569814 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017