The Woodstock Arms – Chef Apprentice Woodstock Arms - Morrells
A rare opportunity has arisen for two apprentices to work and be part of a team of highly skilled chefs. The Restaurant offers the opportunity to gain invaluable experience at the highest of standards and a Nationally recognised qualification in Hospitality and Catering.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
14 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A Professional Cookery Apprentice is required for a The Woodstock Inn near Oxford.
We are proud of our cosy wood-beamed gastropub with a beer garden and a menu of updated seasonal food. We love our food and we love what we do so want to invite somebody else to train in the industry we thrive in and to become part of our growing team.
You will be paid to attend the City of Oxford one day a week as part of your training. The candidate will be part of a hard working friendly team and will be a representative of the company. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work as part of a team
- Be involved in the preparation and service of all foods in accordance with the daily menus and any special functions
- Set up food stations with supplies and equipment ready for service.
- Prepare a variety of foods; meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items
- Ensure that all foods are ready at the specified time and correctly presented per company high standards
- Ensure the kitchen and service equipment are kept suitably clean at all times including walls, floors, work preparation area in accordance to Health and Safety.
- Ensure the effective and regular removal of waste materials to the designated waste area.
- Maintain training and keeping up to date with current legislation and best practice in accordance with legislation and guidelines
- Customer Service
- Stock Taking & Ordering
Requirements and prospects
A talent for cooking and excellent communication skills.
- Reliable, trustworthy and punctual
- Friendly manner
- Honesty and Integrity are key
- Excellent attendance record
- Good work ethic
- Being creative and progressive
- Maintaining quality and hygiene
- Good oral communication
GCSEs grade A*-C in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications)
Things to consider
About the employer
On-the-job training will be provided to achieve all aspects of the role requirements. On-going support will be offered by your Line Manager and your City of Oxford College Assessor to achieve the Apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship will include:
- Competency Based Element: NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Knowledge Based Element: Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery)
- Functional Skills in Maths & English (Both Level 1)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Attendance is required at City of Oxford College for the taught element of the programme (1 day a week starting in September)
Assessment of competency is carried out in the workplace by a City of Oxford College Assessor
Functional Skills tuition is delivered at City of Oxford College (if required)
City of Oxford College received ‘Outstanding’ in the most recent Ofsted Assessment for the Hospitality and Catering dept.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Oxford College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017