Apprentice Chef and Kitchen Assistant The George Inn
The George Inn require an apprentice to contribute to the running of the food service elements of the pub. Whilst primarily doing food preparation in the kitchen, the job will involve some restaurant functions and general pub service support.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
14 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The George Inn of Croscombe are looking for someone to become their Hospitality apprentice's. Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with day-to-day food preparation operations in the kitchen- This will include, but is not limited to routine food preparation, stock planning and management, kitchen equipment cleaning and maintenance and cleaning after food service and before shut-down
- Assist and support food service operations for effective restaurant and bar food provision. This will include, but is not limited to, ensuring that customers are served politely and efficiently, that orders are filled as quickly as possible, that all orders taken are recorded and billed and that the restaurant is prepared and maintained in good order
- Maintain high quality food service and preparation standards.
- Contribute to menu planning and development.
- Ensure cost control and cost-effectiveness whilst maintaining high quality standards
- Assist other general pub functions as occasionally required
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- The ability to listen effectively is essential while working in a busy kitchen
- Be able to organise and prioritise own tasks
- To provide a good service to customers within timescales.
- Positive outlook
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Listening to and following instructions
- Good clean appearance to maintain high standards
- Trustworthy, polite and a sense of humour
GCSE A*-C (or equivalent) in Maths and English
Things to consider
About the employer
In house training on-going will include, knife skills, how to check quality of all ingredients, produce and finished product, the skills to prepare and cook all dishes on the menu, skills to enable the trainee to organise own tasks meet timescales and work as a team member.
- Level 2 Hospitality
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and IT, if required
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017