Peugeot Apprentice Automotive Technician Peugeot Motor Company Plc
Automotive Technician Apprentice working towards Level 2 and Level 3 Apprenticeship Framework
Closing date: 23 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
26 Aug 2017
13 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Are you looking to start a career within the automotive industry? Do you want to work for the company that came 2nd in the best apprentice employer of 2014 awards? Are you self-motivated and results oriented? This role covers a wide range of specialisms, including:
- Light commercial vehicles
- Electrics and electronic, known as an Auto Electrician
- Parts replacements
- Parts storage
- Stock orders
- Dealing with customers
- Although the levels of skill may vary they are all jobs, which require concentrated, physical activity. You will gain in-depth knowledge of a vehicle and its systems But you will also use high-tech equipment to find out what’s wrong with the vehicle and then use a range of tools to remove, replace or repair faulty or worn components
- These roles bring a great amount of satisfaction to individuals with a passion for problem solving
Requirements and prospects
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Safety conscious
- Work well under pressure
- Time keeping
- Good communication skills
- Aged 16+
- Have a passion for the automotive industry
- Be committed to complete a 3 year programme
- A desire to continually develop
A Minimum of 3 GCSE Grades C or Above – including Maths & English Language (Equivalents Accepted)
Candidates who fail to state their GCSE Results in Maths & English Language will be automatically unsuccessful.
- Once you become qualified and more experienced, there are plenty of opportunities to develop your career by moving into supervision and aftersales management. This means there’s a world of opportunities ahead of you.
- You may also be able to work towards a Master Technician status over 4 years.
About the employer
For 2016/17 the service technician programme will now comprise of being split into two learning journeys, rather a longer 3 year programme, we well be able to offer a two year level 2 programme at service technician level. The candidates who successfully complete their level 2 apprenticeship and who are eligible for our level 3 programme maybe enrolled onto our level 3 programme for another 12 months.
*Subject to meeting the level 3 entry requirements
Level 2 NVQ, Level 2 Technical Certificate during the two year programme:
- 12 weeks of formal training at The Academy in Coventry during the level programme
- Courses start at 10.00am on a Monday to allow for travel or eliminate the Sunday night stay
- Functional Skills in the first 6 months
- Technical Training courses integrated into the apprentices learning journey
- Service Technician Development Plan
- Electric Vehicle level 1
Level 3 NVQ & Level 3 Diploma:
- 6 weeks of formal training at The Academy in Coventry during the level programme.
- 5 day training weeks for level 3 programme.
- Courses start at 10.00am on a Monday to allow for travel or eliminate the Sunday night stay.
- Technical Training courses integrated into the apprentices learning journey.
- Maintenance Technician Development Plan
- Refrigerant & Gas Handling accreditation at the successful completion of level 3 programme (requires an additional day at The Academy)
- In addition to our level 2 and level 3 programme, learners will have Bespoke Academy development plans for apprentices, incorporating prerequisite
e-learning & assessments linked to the formal qualifications
Peugeot or Citroen Service Technician during the Level 2 apprenticeship
Peugeot or Citroen Maintenance Technician qualification status is gained at the successful completion of all training and assessments for the level 3 apprenticeship.
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Peugeot Citroen Apprenticeships
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Citroen Uk Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2017