Childcare Apprenticeship Sunflowers Nurseries Ltd
A nursery practitioner plays an important role in assisting in the care and education of young children. You will be planning and organising both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of children’s personal care needs.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
08 Oct 2017
30 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be working towards completing a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce. Providing professional high quality child care is the responsibility of a Nursery practitioner. You will need to take care of, play with or teach children while they are at the Nursery. You will need to be highly trustworthy and attentive to children’s needs.
- Adhering to the policies and procedures of the Nursery
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the Nursery
- Work as part of a team to ensure correct safeguarding procedures are followed
- Work as part of a team
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and development needs
- The planning and preparation of activities to meet children’s individual needs.
- Participating in activities and events
- Liaising with parents
- Keeping records and updating observation files
- Attending staff meetings
Helping and supervising meals and mealtime
Requirements and prospects
- You will be a good communicator, with the ability to work well on your own initiative or as part of a team.
- Applicants should have a desire to develop and enhance their child care skills whilst working in a supportive nursery setting.
- This role is ideal for anybody who has a genuine passion for working with children and that is keen to learn and progress in their own professional development.
- The successful applicant will be a positive role model and enthusiastic individual.
• GCSE Grade A-C in Maths
• GCSE Grade A-C in English
About the employer
You will be working towards completing a NVQ Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce.
All apprentices will have one day per week classroom training for the first 11 weeks to support with underpinning knowledge, whilst also receiving work based support to develop their competency. All learners have a dedicated assessor who will visit them within their setting to support and develop their competency and ongoing development as a nursery practitioner.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SWIFT ACI LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SWIFTACI
Lucy Lancashire 01212364836 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017