Administrative Apprentice Leyton Sixth Form College
We are seeking to appoint an Administration Apprentice to support a busy educational trust. The Administration Apprentice will be required to undertake administration in all areas.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2017
03 Oct 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This vacancy is advertised by the Training Trust on behalf of Leyton Sixth Form.
You will attend the Training Trust one day per week for your college work.
Main Responsibilities :
• Assist programme areas by undertaking administrative duties such as word processing letters, reports and other documents at the request of programme / support Managers.
• Assist with administrative tasks of the programme / support area, e.g. preparing and sending letters, tracking student attendance and work, administration of trips and visits, minute taking at meetings when required.
• Provide cover on reception when required.
• Under the direction of the relevant programme / support managers, liaise with other agencies to make specific arrangements, research and order materials - particularly in relation to employer engagement and other work experience for students.
• Assist in the production of learning materials, especially innovative forms of presentation, delivery and display.
• Under the guidance of teaching staff, research materials for lesson preparation.
• Supervise students as required, e.g. in classrooms, workshops, during trips and at examinations.
• Attend meetings as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in relevant programme / support areas.
• Support events and special activities as directed by the programme / support manager.
General Duties & Responsibilities :
• Undertake any staff development relevant to the needs of the post and in particular the development of computer literacy.
• Comply with Health and Safety regulations associated with your employment.
• The college has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity to the students and in the employment of people. It expects all employees to understand, comply and promote its policies in their own work, and to undertake any appropriate training.
• Carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and general responsibilities of the post.
• Contribute to quality assurance in the college through participation in performance review.
Requirements and prospects
You should have good IT skills.
Communication and interpersonal skills.
Be able to prioritise and multi-task.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will support and provide a full range of administrative services, primarily to managers and team leaders within our curriculum areas.
You will be someone who is willing to learn, friendly, and approachable.
Things to consider
About the employer
Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration (L3).
You will be given time off to study at college as you work towards your L3 apprenticeship.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Trust (WFCCTT)
Vicky or Aisha
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017