Nursery Assistant - L2 or L3 Rocking Horse Nursery
We are looking for that special someone to join our enthusiastic team, to create a wonderful learning environment for the children in our care. This is a fantastic opportunity to become a part of the longest established nursery in Godalming!
Closing date: 15 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Nov 2017
6 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will recieve full training and support in the following areas, which then you will ultimately be responsible for.
Childcare and Education
- To be aware of the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To observe key children on a regular basis and feedback any relevant information to the Room Supervisor.
- To assist with planning and carry out activities based on the children’s next steps and record progress in their Learning Journey.
- To support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion.
- To work with external agencies to support children with additional needs.
- To ensure high quality interaction with children both inside and outside.
- To ensure effective implementation of the key person system.
Health and Safety
- To undertake and share responsibilities for health and safety, operating the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Nursery day.
- To witness the administration of medicine ONLY
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained in the Nursery.
- To display a positive and professional image of Rocking Horse Nursey at all times i.e. on walks, trips and nursery tours etc
- To undertake regular training as part of continual professional development.
- To share ideas of how practice can be improved and feedback from external training courses.
- To support the Leader in working together as a team.
- To support the Assistant Practitioners with ideas and suggestions for general future developments.
- To build up and maintain a positive, professional working relationship with parents.
- To follow Rocking Horse policies and procedures at all times.
- To assist the Leaders with settling new children in to the room and building a relationship with the family.
- To undertake other duties as reasonably requested by the Room Leaders, Manager and Deputy Managers.
Requirements and prospects
- Hard working
- Able to use own initiative
- To communicate effectively through verbal and written communication
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to be a reliable team member
- Respect all cultures of colleagues and children
- Self-motivated and a positive attitude
- A willingness to learn new skills
A*-C grade in Maths and English is desirable but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will receive on and off the job training from the employer and in conjunction with this you will undertake a QCF Level II Diploma in Children and Young People's Workforce. You will also complete an Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook, a Technical Certificate and work on your Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. Please note that most, if not all, the qualification and associated elements will be delivered in the workplace and there will be no weekly day release. You will probably find that, at the very most, you will need to come to our facility for only 1 day of tests in the whole year but even these tests may be conducted in the workplace. Our Assessor will visit your new workplace and work with you 1-2-1 on all aspects of the framework and ancillary elements of your Apprenticeship qualifications.
Children and Young People's Workforce
N & B. TRAINING COMPANY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by N & B Training
Charles Hope-Dunbar 07717 558 976 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Nov 2017