Apprentice Car Salesperson, Mansfield Jct 29 Select Ltd
Do you want to work in car sales? Let JCT29 Select be the company to lead you through your apprenticeship and make you a successful Car Salesperson.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Dec 2017
7 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a real practical role where you will begin your career in used car sales.
The duties will be varied but may include:
- Meeting and greeting customers and visitors to the site, making them feel welcome
- Follow up leads that come through from customers by email, telephone or via the website
- Arranging test drives
- Be willing to learn about different cars and their specifications etc
- When trained, provide customers with quotes on finance
- In team meetings, bring forward ideas about marketing for the business
- Helping in other areas of the business if needed
- Being willing to clean and prep vehicles in order to make them ready for sale
- When trained and confident, converse with customers about cars, demonstrate spec of cars, accompany customers on test drives (if in possession of a driving licence)
- Please be aware that this role does involve weekend work as part of your contractual working hours
- Commission structure will be discussed with the successful candidate in direct relation to car sales and other services
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Genuine interest in the sector
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English,2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4
Things to consider
About the employer
Jct 29 Select Ltd
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799
Retail > Retailer
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Karen Millward 01623627191
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017