Business Administration Apprenticeship County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for a Business Administration Apprentice to work within the Radiology administrative team of County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust based at University Hospital of North Durham, Durham.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Jan 2018
7 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for a Business Administration Apprentice to work within the Radiology administrative team of County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust based at University Hospital of North Durham, Durham. This post is to provide an effective, efficient and confidential administrative service to Allied Health Professionals [AHP]. The successful candidate will act as an integrated member of the administrative team, demonstrating a flexible approach, ensuring the needs of the service are met
Business Administration Apprentices will receive appropriate training and guidance to undertake the full range of clerical duties which will include:
- To deal with enquiries, both internal and external, via telephone and face to face
- To liaise with patients by telephone to give appointments and post appointments where requested
- To highlight issues of an urgent nature to relevant senior member of the team
- Maintain an effective patient management system (CRIS) to ensure that the referrals, appointments and communications are timely and appropriate.
- Register new referrals and follow the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Deal with general enquiries, in a confident, competent and professional manner.
- To ensure effective communications with patients including the young, elderly, those with learning disabilities and mental health problems, relatives and carers; responding appropriately and in confidence to sensitive information.
- Receive and distribute mail, maintaining operational efficiency.
- Produce patient correspondence at a professional level to maintain the departments’ communications standards.
- To maintain accurate records to the requirements of departmental standards, including computerised or manual data collection.
- Clinical reception to support the Radiology admin team.
Requirements and prospects
- Good working knowledge of ICT packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including telephone manner
- Excellent presentation, organisation and timekeeping skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take responsibility for your work, behaviour and developments
- Ability to carry out tasks accurately following instruction
- A polite, confident and friendly approach
- A diligent approach to work ethics
- Understand and respect confidentiality and abide by this at all times with a non-judgemental attitude
- Demonstrate of aptitude towards Business Administration and to be committed to attaining the appropriate qualifications of the Apprenticeship
- 4 GCSEs at C or above to include Maths, English or equivalent qualifications
Things to consider
About the employer
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 1 Functional Skills Mathematics
- Level 1 Functional Skills English
- Level 1 Functional Skills Information Technology
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwentside College
Erin Wakefield (01207) 585 914 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017