Apprentice Customer Service Assistant Bishop Trains
Here is a great opportunity for two apprentices to undertake a customer service assistant roles across all duties carried out in this busy railway station.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2017
5 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Attend for work smartly dressed in the approved uniform at the correct rostered time.
- At all times be polite and attentive to the customer's needs, positively promoting the business and ensuring a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Handle all business sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Post holder will deal with customers face to face, by telephone and by email/online.
- Post holder will participate in marketing initiatives as directed, including leaflet delivery to residential and business premises and attending external trade events.
- Post holder must be reliable and committed towards the goals and values of Bishop Trains.
- Responsible for security of cash, stock and premises
- Interact with the customers in a professional manner, listening to their requests and actively sell products taking every opportunity to increase sales by selling supplementary items.
- At all times, display a professional and calm appearance.
- Handle cash in accordance with company good practice ensuring that customers are charged correctly for every transaction and the correct change given. Ensure the security of cash and other credits at all times.
- Take and process advance orders from customers ensuring that full payment is made.
- Accept and deal with new stock deliveries.
- Maintain stock levels ensuring displays are well presented ensuring shelves and displays are clean and tidy.
Rail & Coach Ticket Sales:
- At all times display a professional and calm appearance.
- Sell National Rail products using the Fujitsu STAR machine.
- Handle cash in accordance with company good practice and Northern Rail's Cash Regulations ensuring that customers are charged correctly for every transaction and the correct change is given.
- Ensure the security of cash and other credits at all times.
- Promote all rail products in an impartial manner.
- Ensure that leaflet racks are well presented topping up if required whilst complying with railway impartiality rules ensuring each TOC is provided with adequate exposure.
- Regularly check that posters displayed are valid and ensure impartiality.
- Ensure effective communication with other team members by use of station radio system in a professional manner.
- Assist with the co-ordination of all customer service activities during times of disruption.
- Actively take part in the Bishop Line Station Support Group as required during times of service disruption.
- Deal with coach and Rail
Requirements and prospects
- Previous customer service experience
- IT literate and familiar with Microsoft Office applications
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Basic knowledge of workplace Health and Safety requirements
- Must be able comply with shift working with variable start and finish times
Bishop Trains Values are that we will be:
- Professional - we will achieve the highest standards in everything we do.
- Friendly - we are open and honest with our customers and colleagues and treat them with warmth trust and respect.
- Distinctive - we will delight our customers by delivering excellence and innovation.
- Passionate - we are proud of Bishop Trains and celebrate our achievements as a team.
This post holder will be expected to behave in a manner equal to the position. This post requires excellent customer service, flexibility of hours, location, energy application and vision as required by the role.
This post holder will respect the very strict code of confidentiality operated within the business. Any breach of confidentiality, pursuit of agenda's other than those associated with the business or expression of opinions not related directly with this role will be dealt with seriously.
Bishop Trains behaviours are to be focused on our Customers at all times, to listen actively, to work as a team and to show empathy.
- GCSE A*-C including Maths, English and ICT or equivalent Level 2 qualifications
Things to consider
About the employer
- On the job training to be provided by the employer.
- Bishop Auckland College will provide training and support, working with the employer to help provide the NVQ/Diploma or equivalent qualifications alongside functional skills in English, mathematics and ICT (if required).
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Employment Rights and Responsibilities will also be delivered.
- You may be required to attend Bishop Auckland College for day release, should the programme demand it.
BISHOP AUCKLAND COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bishop Auckland College
David Brough 01388 743164 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017