Deputy Manager Apprenticeship Wonderland Day Nursery
Sparkling Stars Nursery in Borehamwood, are seeking a Level 3 qualified candidate to join their team as a Deputy Nursery Manager and train towards the Level 3 Team Leader Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 45.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
7 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Nursery Deputy Manager will be required to complete the following duties as part of their role:
- To assist in maintaining safe, clean and tidy nursery rooms and equipment.
- To ensure good hygiene is maintained at all times.
- To provide stimulation to develop the skills in all areas of development through varied experiences and carefully planned activities.
- To ensure all children are signed in and out every day.
- To ensure only people known to the nursery collect children.
- To record accidents in the accident book and ensure that parents sign accident forms.
- To supervise meals and mealtimes and, where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles.
- To change children’s nappies when required.
- To provide inspiration to nursery children in all areas of learning incorporating EYFS curriculum, creating exciting inspirational activities to promote all areas of learning.
- To ensure that accurate, detailed and professional handovers occur on a daily basis to parents about their children in the nursery.
- To communicate with parents and other visitors in a calm, friendly and efficient manner.
- To attend all in and out of working hours activities e.g. monthly staff meetings, training ect.
- To work as part of a team by supporting all staff and engaging in a good staff team.
- To ensure all documentation and records and kept up to date.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality within the setting.
- To understand and be able to follow emergency procedures.
- To ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and implanted in the nursery.
- To ensure the safeguarding code of conduct is adhered to and implemented in the nursery.
- To ensure that you follow and implement the professional code of conduct at all times.
Requirements and prospects
Sparkling Stars is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointees must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including references with past employers and an enhanced Criminal record Bureau check.
Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about children, staff and other company related information in accordance with the Data Protection Act, (1998)
Health & Safety
Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed on them under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, to ensure that the agreed safety procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for the children, in consultation with the job holder.
Criminal Records Bureau (DBS) Check
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check at enhanced level.
- To undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job.
- Since no job is static, it may be necessary to renew this job description in the light of changing circumstances, in consultation with the job holder.
The ideal applicant will be:
- Professional and presentable at all times
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to work in a team
- Confident and willing to learn how to manage a team
Level 3 Childcare qualification is essential
Things to consider
About the employer
During your training, your employer will appoint a work based mentor to support you and you will also get a dedicated Training Manager from Smart Training.
On completion of this apprenticeship, you will be awarded a Level 3 Team Leader qualification. The course covers:
- Different leadership styles and the benefits of coaching to support people and improve performance
- Organisational cultures, equality, diversity and inclusion
- People and team management models including team dynamics and motivation techniques
- HR systems and legal requirements plus performance management techniques
- Approaches to customer and stakeholder relationship management, including managing conflict
- Different forms of communication and their application
- How organisational strategy is developed
- Data management and the use of different technologies in business
- Project lifecycle and roles
- Organisational governance and compliance and how to deliver value for money and monitor budgets
- Learning styles, feedback mechanisms and how to use emotional intelligence
- Time management techniques and tools and how to prioritise activities and approaches to planning
- Problem solving and decision making techniques and how to analyse data to support decision making.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Smart Training
Anne-Marie Brady 01923277876 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017