Nursery Nurse Level 3 Apprentice WERNETH AND FREEHOLD COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
• To work as part of a team, to provide a safe, stimulating and caring environment which encourages children to learn.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
5 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To work as part of a team, to provide a safe, stimulating and caring environment which encourages children to learn.
- To assist the key worker for a specified number of children and take part in the day-to-day responsibility for the care, well-being, monitoring of that group, helping to keep up to date records and writing observations as necessary
- To assist staff and contribute effectively to the development and implementation of the Foundation Stage.
- To contribute to maintaining effective health, safety and child protection procedures
- To provide high standards of childcare and education, to include the monitoring and implementation of children’s development, includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities.
- May have to help with a high standard of personal care including, dressing, feeding and washing children
- To help provide a safe, interesting and stimulating environment
- Good communication skills required as you will be part of a team and may have to speak with parents
- To undertake and commit to training towards the achievement of a formal qualification
Requirements and prospects
A willingness to build effective working relationships with the children and colleagues.
Be committed to developing themselves to achieve a full working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
Be committed to assisting the Senior Management Team of the Nursery in providing a curriculum that ensures a high standard for all children
Be positive and professional in all aspects of communication with colleagues, parents and carers and the wider community
Be well organised and able to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive approach to their work and relationships with others
Be encouraging and have drive and enthusiasm
Be committed to professional staff development
Have a flexible approach to work and enjoy being a good team member
- A – C Grades in both English and maths or equivalent
- A DBS check will be applied for if successfully appointed
About the employer
WERNETH AND FREEHOLD COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma in the Children and Young People’s Workforce – Early Year’s Educator.
- Functional Skills English L2
- Functional Skills Maths L2
- Functional Skills ICT L2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE OLDHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Oldham College
Andrea Kearns 0161 785 4072 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017