IT Assistant Fdr Law Ltd
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Assistant with FDR Law, a law firm, based in Warrington.
Closing date: 22 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Dec 2017
7 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
In this role you will be first line support for all hardware, and software utilised by FDR Solicitors reporting directly to the IT Director. The position will be based in the central Warrington office although you may be required to assist at any of the other branch offices in the Warrington area.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Providing a prompt response to all queries into the ITS department, to gather a detailed description of the problem, and to provide advice where you are able.
- Logging all queries and details of actions into the ITS call logging system, and maintain the system so that all information is up to date, and all queries are attended to within the agreed SLA’s.
- Repairing any faulty hardware, and reporting to the IT Director any requirements for replacement hardware or components.
- Preparing machines for distribution into the Forshaws Network, and ensure all software is working before a machine is released.
- Providing solutions to all software problems, and providing guidance and training to staff on all software utilised by Forshaws.
- Promptly alerting the IT manager of any query you are unable to resolve, and of any failures within the network infrastructure.
- Installing software and upgrades across the network, and reinstalling all software to any machine that is deemed to be problematic.
- Deploying all new hardware to the network, and relocating hardware/peripherals around the network and offices when deemed appropriate.
- Becoming competent in all software used by Forshaws and continuing to develop these skills as software is upgraded, and as new software is brought in.
- Maintaining all deployed software, and maintaining all databases, checking data accuracy, and keeping data integrity at an adequate level so as to not hamper future projects.
- Assisting the IT Director and 3rd parties in the deployment of future IT Projects.
- Assisting in the development of the ITS systems, including Intranet, Web sites, Databases, and case management systems, once they have attained the appropriate skills.
Requirements and prospects
A basic understanding of the following software is required to perform the role, and will be developed during the duration of the role:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
- Microsoft Server 2008 SR2
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Microsoft Terminal Services 2008
- Microsoft SQL server 2008 SR2
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Security Software, firewalls, virus consoles.
- Patch Management, deployment software.
- Computer usage monitoring
- System Imaging
- IE 10 and Edge
- TFB- Partners for windows
- VPN - VNC - RDP
- Bighand (digital Dictation)
- Oyez Forms
- Networking essentials (TCP/IP)
An Understanding of the following hardware is required to perform the role, and will be developed during the duration of the role:
- Networking Hardware (routers, stacked switches, NIC, modems)
- Networking Cabling
- Server Hardware (fault Diagnostics)
- PC Hardware (Fault diagnostics)
- PC Hardware (component swap-out)
- Printers (Fault finding and repair)
- Peripherals (Fault finding)
- Phone systems.
- Quick learner
- Can cope in a busy environment
- Logical and methodical
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
Fdr Law Ltd
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Scarlett Uttley 01133500333 Scarlett.Uttley@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Nov 2017