Business Administration Apprenticeship- Human Resources The Office for Legal Complaints
To provide comprehensive, effective and efficient HR administrative support to the HR function and wider organisation. Provide a positive and professional service to internal and external customers.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
7 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Undertake the following processes for the Legal Ombudsman accurately and within agreed timescales:
- Act as a central point of contact for external and internal queries; ensure all queries in the HR inbox are dealt with appropriately and to a high professional standard.
- Flag any potential issues to HR Business Partner or HR Advisors.
- Produce all HR correspondence in line with standard templates.
- Assist with recruitment administration, scheduling and responding to candidates and liaising with recruiting line managers.
- Produce offer packs and contracts of employment in a timely manner, particularly at peak recruitment times.
- Ensure that all criminal records applications and additional security checks are processed efficiently, including references.
- Keep the HR people database (CIPHR) 100% up to date with new starters, leavers and changes to all existing staff.
- Maintain and manage all staff personnel files, both paper and electronic. Ensuring appropriate archiving in line with our data retention policy.
- Provide basic HR advice, directing people to a HR Advisor if needed.
- Keep accurate return to work information in relation to sickness absence and highlighting any areas of concern to HR Advisors.
- Assist with payroll administration alongside HR Advisor and Finance.
- Assist with any activities arising from the Modernising LeO project.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by HR Business Partner or wider HR team.
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- IT literate with the desire to become proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills.
- Experience of working under pressure and maintaining accuracy.
- Able to work effectively in a team.
- Willing to learn new skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Methodical and organised.
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- GCSE grade A*-C in Maths and English (or equivalent).
About the employer
The Office for Legal Complaints
- Level 3 NVQ Business Administration
- Functional Skills Maths and English if necessary
Business and Administration
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by University College Birmingham
The Apprenticeship Team 0121 232 4091 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017