Catering Apprentice Lyng Hall School
A Catering Apprentice is required to work within a busy school kitchen based in the Wyken area of Coventry.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
7 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A Catering Apprentice is required to work in the kitchens of a busy educational multi academy trust based in the Wyken area of Coventry.
To undertake, as part of a team under the direction of more senior operatives, general kitchen duties including simple cooking to ensure the provision of meals and snacks for school children.
- Assisting with all aspects of preparation and cooking of food, as required.
- Advising appropriate staff of ordering requirements and maintaining good stock rotation practices.
- Any general kitchen duties/dining room duties as may be required including assisting in other duties.
- Awareness of health and hygiene involved in preparation of food.
- Serving and dishing-up food, including the presentation and garnishing of food and transportation of food to tables.
- Washing up crockery and utensils, cleaning of tables and chairs, cleaning the general kitchen and dining room areas, as necessary, including floors, worktops and equipment.
Requirements and prospects
- Interested in cooking
- Good customer service skills
- Good time keeping
- Have a passion for working with food
- Very reliable with good time-keeping
- Smart, clean appearance
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Friendly and helpful
GCSE in Maths and English desirable or equivalent.
About the employer
Training will be provided
- Level 2 Certificate in Professional Cookery
- Catering Technical Certificate at Level 2
- Functional skills in maths and English
- Employment rights and responsibilities
Catering and Professional Chefs
HENLEY COLLEGE COVENTRY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College Coventry
Sharon Barker 02476 626306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017