Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Deliver My Meds
This internet pharmacy prides itself on a friendly and professional service, delivered by people who live in the community and really understand the needs of its customers. The staff provide an excellent customer service experience for customers with medicines delivered direct to the customers door.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
6 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Day to day duties will include:
- Customer liaison via the telephone and internet enquiries
- Checking-in incoming stock
- Checking product expiry dates
- Checking product pricing
- Advising clients on their choices / their medicines / referring them to relevant services
- Creating dosset packs (combinations of specific medicines) ready for them to be checked by head pharmacist
- Answering the phone
- Filing invoices and delivery notes
- Maintaining cleanliness and tidiness of pharmacy
- Prescription assembly and accuracy checking; prescription filing
- Disposal of unwanted medicines
- Dispensing suitable medicines as needed
- Sale of OTC medicines
- Stock control, stock ordering, stock receipts and integrity checking (e.g. ensuring deliveries are correct and that no stock goes out of date)
Requirements and prospects
- Strong communications skills between customers and colleagues predominantly via phone or internet
- Ability to liaise with local surgeries to solve problems
- IT literate
- Enthusiastic about the job role
- Able to work as part of a small team
- Follow processes
Minimum A-C GCSE’s in Maths, English and Science or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Deliver My Meds
- A competence based qualification i.e. NVQ/QCF.
- A knowledge based qualification i.e. Technical Certificate.
- Key or Functional Skills (if required).
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
Health Pharmacy Services
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Birmingham Metropolitan College
Claire Harper 01384 399848 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017