Business Administration Apprentice Headstart Docklands Nursery Limited
A busy children day nursery based in Docklands requires organised and articulate apprentice. Duties include answering calls, responding to emails, assisting the Manager with administration tasks and filing and ensuring the files are kept up to date.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
7 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Adhering to the Policies & Procedures of HSDN and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation, EYFS and Montessori method of teaching and within the guidelines of Ofsted.
Working as part of a team to carry out the following duties:
- Ensure that privacy and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Answering the phone and making calls.
- To maintain a 100% organised filing system of paper work and computer files.
- Speaking and emailing to parents with regards to payment, statements and invoices.
- Taking, logging and safe storage of monies.
- Risk assessments of the office area.
- Ensuring that toilet and all office areas are kept clean, replenished and tidy (to remind cleaner in some instances)
- Ensure that all staff, visitors and work trials sign in and out of the building.
- Ensure that the staff, visitors and work trial logins are taken out during a fire.
- Filing, updating ELAS and staff timesheets.
- General office duties, creating documents, photocopying and laminating.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Managers and directors.
- Organizing checklists for children and staff.
- To chase debtors over the phone, email and text message.
- To update the management in order to place an order for any inventory required.
- Handle customer queries and collect payments for nursery fees.
The candidate should be willing to handle any ad hoc responsibility as and when required by the role.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills.
- Abilty to multitask.
- A good working knowledges of Micosoft packages.
- Good computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Quick learner.
- 5 A - C GCSE grades (or equivalent) including Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
The apprenticeship programme will consist of:
- A fully embedded induction programme delivered by the employer and Outsource.
- Allocation of an Outsource assessor who will carry out regular assessment, mentoring and support visits.
- Off the job training at one of Outsource’s training centres.
- On the job training delivered by the employer.
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings with the Outsource assessor and employer.
The apprenticeship will consist of the following elements:
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) – This part of the qualification is assessed on the job through observations of performance, professional discussions, product evidence, professional discussions and Q&A sessions to judge job competency.
- Knowledge and Understanding – This part of the qualification is to ensure all the teaching and learning through on the job development and off the job training is retained and demonstrated through performance in your job role.
- Functional Skills – This part of the programme provides those apprentices who have not achieved GCSE’s in English and Maths the opportunity to gain a qualification in English, Mathematics and ICT. Those candidates that have achieved GCSE’s in these subjects may be exempt from taking functional skills.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
Business and Administration
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Outsource Training and Development
Outsource Training and Development 08455199455 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017