Finance Assistant Apprentice AAT Pukka Herbs Ltd
A well-established organic teas and supplements company based in Bristol are currently seeking to recruit an aspiring accountant of the future, with an AAT level 3 Apprenticeship available.
Closing date: 04 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Nov 2017
5 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Main Objective :
To support the smooth running of the purchase and sales ledgers.
- Responsible for the creation of customer and supplier system set ups on our ERP system ensuring all information is entered
- Control of central finance email accounts and distribution of emails to correct Pukka person
- Entering and scanning purchase ledger invoices onto ERP system
- Ensuring all filing is actioned
- Opening and distributing Finance related post
- Assisting with Credit Controller, ensuring debt is collected in a timely manner
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Maintain effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Support sales ledger and purchase ledger functions when required
- Continuously drive process improvements.
- To champion Pukka’s Mission, Aims, Objectives and Values.
- To participate in Pukka’s Appraisal process ensuring own personal development and contributing to the overall performance of the People team.
- To ensure equality of opportunity is maintained and respected at all times in accordance with the appropriate policies and procedures.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues across Pukka.
- To comply with the statutory provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To actively participate in opportunities to communicate within Pukka including attending team meetings.
- To make full use of technology for all appropriate tasks.
- To demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly with others to respond to needs of an evolving organisation.
- To ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- To perform any other duties as directed by management.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post and should not be seen as an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities may develop and change in consultation with management.
Requirements and prospects
- Competent in Microsoft Office Packages, Outlook, Excel and Word
- Good written and spoken English
- Energetic go-getter with a passion to learn and add value
- Ability to work successfully within a team and can demonstrate through examples either through their education or recreational activities
- Only the most discerning, compassionate and purposeful can be part of our journey. You’ll embrace Pukka’s vision to connect people, plants and the planet and be capable of putting every effort into the results that enable us to make a difference
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent A-C grade including Maths and English
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent A-C grades
Things to consider
About the employer
AAT – Association of Accounting Technicians As an Accountancy Apprentice with Kaplan, you will complete the AAT qualification, of which we deliver Level 2 (Certificate) Level 3 (Diploma) & Level 4 (Diploma). The AAT qualification will be completed at a Kaplan training centre or via the Live Online Learning platform. Apprenticeships will include:
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills (if required)
Accounting > Assistant Accountant
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kaplan
Charlie Holmes email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: 04 Nov 2017