Apprentice Administrator COUNTY DURHAM HOUSING GROUP LIMITED
To provide clerical and administrative support to various departments throughout the company.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
6 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Provide administration and clerical support across the departments and contribute to continuous service improvements within the section.
- To develop a good working knowledge and ability to access all services in order to provide an excellent customer service across a variety of activities including workforce planning.
- Maintain and update data, including inputting to, and retrieval from computerised support systems e.g. Housing Management System.
- Maintain effective stock management of office stationary and supplies.
- Assist with the preparation and management of meetings, and events – including room booking and organising travel arrangements; timely circulation of papers.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries from customers, internally and externally, in a polite and professional manner.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of computer and administrative systems e.g. spreadsheets and databases.
- Undertake word processing and assist in the drafting of documents including reports and letters.
- Set up and maintain appropriate computer and paper filing systems.
- Undertake administrative tasks including photocopying, filing, and scanning documents as required.
- Manage health and safety issues in your area of responsibility in line with the relevant section(s) of the relevant Health and Safety Policy.
- Comply with Group confidentiality and information security policies at all times.
Your duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of your role and grade. You are required to undertake any such reasonable and appropriate duties.
Requirements and prospects
- Good telephone manner.
- Confident communicator and able to deal with problems.
- Good numerical communication skills.
- Personable and comfortable in dealing with new people including tenants, tradesmen, and colleagues.
- Be conscientious and diligent and show attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Good IT skills and competent to an intermediate level in in the use of Microsoft Office Packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Team worker.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and recognise the importance of data protection.
- Passionate about beginning a career in the property sector.
- The successful candidate must hold GCSE or equivalent grades A* - C in both Maths and English.
- An ICT qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
- City and Guilds NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration.
Business and Administration
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Hayley Clifton 0191 518 8294 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017