Administration Assistant Apprentice Hill Upholstery & Design
Hill Upholstery & Design provide an upholstery service to commercial and domestic clients in Essex and London areas. The purpose of this role is to support our office team with their administration duties, this in turn enables the office systems to run smoothly and ensures our customers receive the best possible service.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
12 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- The main responsibilities of the role will be to support the Office team with general admin duties following systems and procedures that have been set in place. This includes typing up documents, inputting & updating data, ordering supplies, filing, preparing job packs, keeping stock of stationery, monitoring answerphones, pricing up sample books and preparing paperwork for appointments and deliveries.
- The role will include greeting our clients and suppliers over the phone or in person, whether making refreshments or taking messages, you will make all our suppliers and customers alike feel welcome.
- You will also be responsible for the general housekeeping of the office and entrance area to the business, tidying the fabric books, hoovering, washing up and keeping the office clear and tidy always.
- The right person will support the Office Manager with the business’ social media accounts and website, this can involve typing up content, uploading photos and monitoring incoming messages.
The successful candidate will need to have excellent knowledge of ICT software, including Outlook, Google Drive, Word and Excel. This is an evolving and varied role, so you may be asked to be involved with other aspects of the business like social media. The candidate must also have neat handwriting as you will be required to hand-write cards to clients.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent ICT skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Good team player.
- Uses initiative.
- A good general level of education.
- A - C in Maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent) is desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 in Business and Administration (NVQ).
- Level 2 Technical Certificate (knowledge).
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS).
Business and Administration
Crown Vocational Training Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Crown Vocational Training
Steffi Sallows 01702 597499 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017